Several of our snap colors in size 20 glossy sets are already marked down over 15% at KAMsnaps.com. Check the Sale section for markdowns on hundreds of products.
Use coupon SNAPS to take an additional 10% off ALL snaps in our Size 20 Glossy Sets collection when you order $20+ from that section. Limited time only!
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Monday, July 2, 2018
All rivet dies, grommet dies, and cover buttons dies for your KAM snap press are marked down 20% this month at KAMsnaps.com. These dies are part of our KX-series, which means they'll fit the following KAM tools:
Watch these videos to see just how easy it is to use our dies to set rivets, grommets, and cover buttons perfectly every time.
How to Install Rivets
How to Install Grommets
How to Set Cover Buttons
Posted by Judy N at 1:04 AM
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Cover buttons are a great way to add a decorative touch to your project. You can cover them with your choice of fabric for a perfect match every time. Here we've combined our cover buttons with our glue pad disk bracelets to make a beautiful bracelet. (Click here for tutorial.)
Cover buttons are very easy to assemble with the manual assembly tool, included with each pack of cover buttons. But if you're putting together more than a few, it can be tiring on your fingers. Here's where our new cover button dies come in.
Our cover button dies are compatible with the KAMsnaps KX8J (or the older KX6A) professional handheld press. They also work with the KAM DK93 table press with DK93-KX adapter base or the DK98 table press with DK98-KX adapter set. (Not compatible with the basic K1 or K2 pliers for plastic snaps.)
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Just in, exclusively at KAMsnaps.com! Punch dies to quickly cut holes for easy insertion of snaps, rivets, and grommets. Currently available in 2.5mm, 5mm, 7mm, and 10mm holes. A separate top die for each size, but the same bottom die can be used for all 4 sizes.
Photo courtesy of Diana G.
These punch dies fit the following tools:
- If you have a DK98 table press, you will need the DK98-KX adapter set to use these dies.
- Not compatible with the basic K1/K2 KAM pliers for plastic snaps or other tools sold off this site.
Saturday, May 19, 2018
These are just a few of the two-toned engraved snaps now available at KAMsnaps.com while supplies last. From atoms to Christmas ornaments to foxes, mermaids, unicorns, anchors, cupcakes, and even snaps that look like buttons, we have something for everybody. We even have geeky snaps! Click here to view our entire engraved selection.
Sunday, November 5, 2017
How can you tell the difference between size 20 regular vs size 20 extra long KAM plastic snaps when looking at them?
Since there is only a minuscule (0.6mm) difference in length, it's nearly impossible to measure with a ruler or even to visually see any difference. Instead, look at the side of the cap with the prong. Size 20 extra long caps will have a pinwheel pattern around the prong (as shown in the photo of the snap on the right). The regulars do not.
Size 20 (regular) snaps are the most commonly used size. They're often found on cloth diapers, cloth menstrual pads, and many household projects that don't use thin, stretchy or delicate fabric. The prong length on these are 5.6mm.
Size 20 extra long snaps are needed for thicker material, such as double layers of marine vinyl for key fobs. (If the material is too thick for the snap, the snap will just fall apart.) The prong length of size 20 extra long snaps is 6.2mm.
Tip: if your snaps are not closing properly, most likely the prongs are too long for that particular material. These videos explain why this happens. If you'd rather not buy shorter snaps, just cut the tips off the prongs prior to installation to shorten them.
Introducing the No-Change DiesIf you have a professional KAM snaps table-top press, you probably love it. What you may not love so much is the need to change the top dies for the male side and then for the female side when installing plastic snaps.
You can now use our new no-change dies to install the entire snap without having to change parts. Works with size 20 plastic snaps and the DK93 table-press. (Size 16 no-change dies will be available at a later date.)
See how it works:
A few points of interest to note:
- The 2-piece no-change dies are the exact ones that come with the KX multi-functional handheld pliers. These are our all-in-one pliers that are able to install both plastic and metal snaps (and are *not* the basic K1 or K2 pliers which can only install plastic snaps). So if you already have these the KX pliers, you already have the no-change dies. All you need to get the dies to work with the DK93 press is the single piece KX-to-DK93 adapter base. In fact, you can use ANY of the KX dies in the DK93 press as long as you have that adapter.
- The original 3-piece dies that require changing are considered professional grade. They are the gold standard because each die is molded to perfectly fit each snap piece to maximize precision. While the no-change dies don't quite reach the same standards, they are a great time-saver for those who prefer that option.
- If you're using these with a kick press, you may need to adjust the pressure to avoid breaking the bottom plastic die piece.
- If you also own the original 3-piece dies that require changing, you can use the metal bottom piece from that set with the top piece from the no-change set.