Sunday, June 30, 2013
Want to go a little greener? Or just save some money? One way is to make your own household cleaner using nothing but orange (or lemon) peels and white (aka distilled) vinegar.
I eat a lot of oranges and squeeze my own orange juice throughout the year. Now I just save the peels to make our own cleaner. Here's how:
- stuff orange peels in glass jar
- fill with white vinegar
- seal jar with lid
- let sit for 2 weeks
- strain vinegar
- pour in spray bottle
- dilute 1:1 with water if desired (we do)
- add a couple of drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid soap if desired (we don't) & shake well
- use on counters, walls, bathtubs, stove tops, sinks, and anywhere that you would use 409
- if you have a sink disposal, run the used orange peels down there for a quick freshening
The orange vinegar works surprisingly well on grease. It's easy, it's cheap, it's green, and it's effective.
Posted by Judy N at 6:32 PM