Thursday, June 30, 2011
Update 6/30/2011: We've reached 1900 Facebook Fans so 3 winners will be chosen to each receive a $27 coupon towards snap pliers. And don't forget, once we reach 2000 fans, we'll give away a snap press ($87 value)!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Now that the Canada Post strikes are over, the United States Post Office is accepting mail to Canada again. However, according to their service update page:
"Due to the large volumes of mail held by countries, customers may experience slightly longer transit times. USPS is working closely with the Canadian Postal Service to hold delays to a minimum."
We can't know how long the delays will be but conservatively, we recommend expecting a 3 week or more delay over normal transit times. There is also a larger possibility that more packages will be lost in transit due to this influx of mail. For this reason, KAMsnaps.com will resume USPS Priority shipping but will delay First Class shipping until further notice. That means our free shipping to Canada program will be suspended for a while until we are more confident packages to Canada will reach their destinations without long delays or mishaps. But you can take advantage of our already reduced Priority shipping rates to Canada of as low as $5 on most packages, regardless of how large your order is.
We still recommend waiting to place your order to Canada if you can to give the inevitable chaos a chance to die down.
Friday, June 24, 2011
100 complete sets (100 sockets, 100 studs, 200 caps) for $10. Please note that each component of the complete set will be randomly mixed so you will not receive the same proportion of specific colors. In other words, you may not receive matching studs or sockets for each color cap.
Available in size 20 glossy only. Order at http://www.kamsnaps.com/Mixed-Colors-p17.html. Limited availability.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Many people who are unfamiliar with size 16 or 14 snaps confuse the studs and sockets for the same piece because they look so similar. Before you assume you received the wrong pieces, please look very closely. You may refer to the picture below for reference. You can also just snap the 2 pieces together to confirm that they fit.
KAM Color Card
A KAM color card displays the complete original KAM color line (B1-B60) of plastic snaps. Available with matte caps or glossy caps. Custom colors are not included on color cards. Note: It is unnecessary to purchase both a glossy and a matte card since both display the identical colors--only the finish is different.
Custom Color Bags
For a limited time, you can also purchase sample bags of our custom colors (not part of the original KAM color line). Each bag will contain 1 cap per color in each available color group, listed below. Individual snap colors will not be labeled.
BG Custom Colors
F Custom Colors
GD & TSS Custom Colors
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
And once we reach 2000 fans, we'll give away a snap press ($87 value)!
Monday, June 20, 2011
We are really interested in seeing how creatively you incorporate these snaps into your project, whether it be a purse, a shirt, or whatever you can think of.
Here are the rules to qualify:
- Your project must use at least 5 of the engraved ribbon snaps.
- You must submit at least the following 2 photos of your finished project: one photo showing your project as a whole, and one photo of a close-up of the engraved ribbon snaps on your project. You're of course welcome to send more than just those 2 photos if you'd like. Each photo should be no larger than 600 pixels wide or long. Photos should be clear. Email photos to sales @ kamsnaps.com (remove the spaces).
- A $5 donation will be made to one of the 2 causes above (or send us your suggestion for other organizations) for every person/household/group that makes a project using the snaps and submits photos of that project. You can submit as many photos of as many projects using the engraved ribbon snaps as you want, but there is a limit of one $5 donation per person/household/group no matter how many projects you make/submit.
- The same project cannot be submitted by multiple people.
- KAMsnaps.com may post your photos on our website or other web pages (ie. Facebook, Blogger, Twitter, etc). You may request that we include a link to your site if desired.
- Rules are subject to change without notice. This is a first for us so we're learning as we go. We don't want to focus on what's not allowed, but there are rules and limitations that we hope are already implied and that we need not have to spell out.
Saturday, June 18, 2011